The MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max motherboard is a motherboard with an AM4 socket and a B450 chipset, a mid-level chipset.
These AMD Ryzen processors are one of the first three generations of Athlon processors with Radeon Vega graphics or second-generation Ryzen processors that comes with integrated graphics.
Although the B450 chipset does not natively support 3rd generation Ryzen (those whose model starts with 3, such as the Ryzen 5 3600), this card already comes with the BIOS update, which supports this CPU family.
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max Overview
MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus is the best motherboard for gaming that comes with lots of features and specifications. MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus is designed especially for gamers who play games on a 24/7 basis.
This motherboard can be used as the perfect weapon to destroy your enemies on the battlefield with its advanced features & capabilities that give you an excellent user experience while playing. MSI MSI B450 Gaming Motherboard offers many great options for swapping out hardware that will help to enhance performance, keep it up-to-date, or simply make your build unique.
It is highly recommended by experts in this industry due to its quality, performance, and durability. MSI MSI B450 Gaming Motherboard Price MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus comes with MSI Military Class 4 components, Dragon LAN with Intel Gigabit Ethernet, Audio Boost processor along with DDR4 Boost technology that makes this motherboard as the best gaming motherboard for under 15000 Indian Rupees.
Features of MSI B450 Gaming Plus
MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus comes with many new features along with some advanced capabilities to give you an excellent user experience while playing games or doing heavy tasks like video editing or programming etc on your system. It is highly recommended by experts in this industry due to its quality, performance, and durability. MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus Price MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus RAM
- supports four dual-channel DDR4 memory slots, with maximum frequency based on installed CPU
- it is equipped with a PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot, so not the fastest standard (4.0 currently), however even by installing a 3rd generation Ryzen, which supports PCIe 4.0, there is backward compatibility
- the PCIe 3.0 slot is reinforced with a metal structure to reduce risks due to the weight of the video cards however in the instructions it is still recommended, in case of heavy GPUs, to use additional support to avoid excessive strain on the PCIe connector
- there is an additional PCIe 2.0 x16 slot and four PCIe 2.0 x1 slots, however, the x16 will run at x1 if you install something in the other x1 slots; supports Crossfire 2-way
- it is possible to use CPU with integrated graphics, with DVI-D or HDMI output and maximum shared memory of 2 GB
- comes with M.2 slots over PCIe 3.0 x4 and six SATA 6 GB / s ports, however, only four ports will work if you install an SSD in the M.2 slot (basically, two are disabled by installing an M.2)
- is equipped with USB 3.2 Gen2, Gen1, and 2.0 ports. On the front panel of the case, it will be possible to carry only 3.2 Gen1 or 2.0.
- the LAN controller is a Realtek 8111H up to 1 Gbps while the integrated audio is provided by a Realtek ALC892 codec up to 7.1 channels
- internally provides connectors for 5 4-pin fans (including the CPU one) and for a pump in the case of liquid cooling systems. Each fan will be independently adjustable according to the temperature of the chosen target point (CPU, environment, chipset, MOS), both in PWM and in voltage
- Provides two 4-pin and 12 V RGB LED headers, customizable with the Mystic Light application Note that 4-pin LEDs can be controlled, therefore the classic strips or bars, but NOT the 3-pin and 5 V addressable RGB LEDs, and that the two headers are not independent (i.e. they will do the same effects/colors at the same time)
- the I / O backplate is supplied in the package and must be installed separately on the appropriate rectangle in the back of the case, possibly removing first the one of the old motherboard (the joint is by simple pressure)
- backplate and CPU cooler support are pre-installed
- there is a backlit Gaming Plus writing with red LEDs that apparently cannot be deactivated and cannot be customized.
Installation and assembly are very simple. The screw for the M.2 SSD is in a microscopic bag somewhere in the box: I wasted time looking for it because it got stuck in a fold of the cardboard …
I recommend installing the latest BIOS currently available immediately, namely the H5 version of November 7, 2019, which considerably improves boot times (without this version, you need to wait even a minute just for the MSI logo screen of the BIOS).
In case of Windows installation, I also recommend installing the driver for B450 downloadable from the AMD site, which is not installed by Windows (at least in my case), and the MSI Command Center software, which allows you to monitor the status of the motherboard and customize some parameters, such as the behavior of the fans based on temperature or CPU and memory voltages (to be modified carefully and only if you know what you are doing, under penalty of possible permanent damage to the hardware).
After installing the various drivers available during use, the system is stable and without blocks / blue screens / various jamming, even in conditions of heavy loads, such as stress test done after assembly for several hours.
This card, having the BIOS already updated from the factory, allows you to use a mid-range card on the most recent CPUs with modest disadvantages (such as the lack of support for PCIe 4.0)
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX Specification
|Motherboard||MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX|
|Maximum Memory Speed||4133 MHz|
|Chipset type||AMD B450|
|MAX Memory||128 GB|
- Relatively cheap, considering the features/benefits
- Comes with M.2 slot over PCIe 3.0 x4 and six SATA ports
- Provides two 4-pin and 12 V RGB LED headers
- A pair of PCIe ports
- Lack of support for PCIe 4.0
Advantages of using MSI B450 Gaming Plus
One of the main reasons why MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus is one of the best gaming motherboards is its innovative features. This motherboard comes with many advanced features along with its incredible performance and quality. Some salient features include: –
BIOS 5 Function: The MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus supports all the latest storage standards and can quickly transfer your data. You have excellent control over your hardware through a single click BIOS 5 interface of this motherboard that gives you the best possible experience while gaming. MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus Review MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus RAM MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus Price
DDR4 Boost Technology: MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus comes with DDR4 Boost Technology that ensures maximum performance, stability, and compatibility on all DDR4 memory modules.
No matter how overloaded your memory is, MSI MSI B450 Gaming Memory will automatically adjust to the fastest safe speed and give you a smooth performance during games or any other intensive tasks you do in your system.
Audio Boost: The audio boost of this motherboard offers an excellent sound output through earphones and speakers as well as a gain adjustment function that allows you to have more control over your headset’s volume.
The addition of gold plated connectors makes MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus the best gaming motherboard with great sound quality. MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus Specs MSI MSI B450 Gaming Motherboard Price
Super Charger: MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus has a supercharger that is responsible for fast charging your smart devices such as tablets and smartphones. It also comes with a double ESD protection to prevent any short circuit, lasting damage to this motherboard’s micro-USB port in long-term use.
24/7 GAMING: MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus supports 24/7 gaming with stable capacity & durability for your PC build under $500-$600 along with an incredible experience of sound and graphics while playing games or doing heavy tasks.
Networking: This amazing motherboard offers a great gaming experience with MSI Dragon LAN. MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus is powered by Intel Gigabit Ethernet which offers you a super-fast networking speed.
In addition, MSI MSI B450 Gaming Plus supports all types of internet connections such as WIFI, LAN data transfer rate of 1000/100/10 Mbps, and BLUETOOTH 4.2 that makes it the best gaming motherboard under 15000.
MSI B450 Gaming Plus is one of the best motherboards in this price segment so if you’re looking for something affordable that can offer decent performance then this can be your go-to board, we highly recommend it because it’s compatible with just about everything. If you are looking for the Budget and best motherboard, this motherboard is definitely for you within your budget.